Our COVID-19 Policy
Following the Government’s latest coronavirus restrictions to be implemented on the 5th November 2020, we at Plan for Ecology Ltd will work remotely (from home) where possible, whilst continuing to undertake site works. Plan for Ecology Ltd will continue to deliver excellent services to our clients and other stakeholders at this time. The office phone has been redirected to a member of the team and all emails will be answered as normal.
Our COVID-19 Client Agreement Policy
While we at Plan for Ecology are following the latest Government guidelines, we expect our Clients to also adhere to the following:
- Hands – wash hands regularly for at least 20 seconds. See https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-body/best-way-to-wash-your-hands/ Our Ecologists will practice regular good hygiene during site visits.
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor and outdoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet. See https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own/face-coverings-when-to-wear-one-and-how-to-make-your-own
- Space – implement social distancing. Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors). See https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-national-restrictions-from-5-november#staying-safe-outside-the-home-social-distancing
- Site works including internal inspection of residential, commercial, and derelict properties, will continue but only when it is possible for Plan for Ecology’s Ecologists to avoid/ minimize contact with other people (points 1-3 above). Spread of COVID-19 is most likely to happen when there is close contact (within 2 metres or less) with an infected person. We will avoid close contact of less than 2m including physical contact (i.e. handshakes etc.). Our Ecologists will not share confined spaces with other personnel on site (i.e. a roof void) and will conduct meeting(s) outside in the fresh air, in a well-ventilated space (i.e. with windows and doors open) or via video link. Our Ecologists will not share equipment or accept refreshments.
- Prior to visiting the site we will draw your attention to our COVID-19 Policy and establish whether any one inhabiting/ using the property feels unwell or has symptoms of COVID-19 (point 7); may have been exposed to COVID-19 (point 6); or has been told to self-isolate (point 6).
- If we are visiting your property and are required to access the interior, we will ask you to provide access to all areas of the property in advance of entering (i.e. open doors etc.) to minimise physical contact with internal surfaces; ask you to wait outside whilst we inspect the property, or where this is not possible, permit you to accompany us from a safe distance of 2m and wear a face covering.
- We will not attend site if the answer to any of these questions is yes.
- If you believe you have been exposed to COVID-19 then you must self-isolate and get a COVID test. If you are told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace, then you must do so. The UK Government recommends self-isolating at home for 14 days. See https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing-and-tracing/nhs-test-and-trace-if-youve-been-in-contact-with-a-person-who-has-coronavirus/. Do not agree to meet with Plan for Ecology Ltd’s Ecologists during site visits.
- If you feel unwell or have any of the symptoms listed, then please self-isolate and get a COVID test in accordance with Government guidelines. See https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/. Do not agree to meet with Plan for Ecology Ltd’s Ecologists during site visits.
This information will be updated as per Government guidelines and will be incorporated with all current and future risk assessments. We appreciate your understanding in this difficult time and we at Plan for Ecology Ltd are committed to maintaining business as usual.