Plan for Ecology Ltd regularly carry out comprehensive badger surveys in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset and throughout the UK. Badgers are protected against capture, killing, injury and disturbance/ damage to their resting/ breeding places (setts) under the Protection of Badgers Act 1992.
Developments with potential to affect badgers must be preceded by a detailed badger survey. Where works have potential to disturb badgers, a Natural England (NE) licence may be required prior to the start of site works.
Our Consultant Ecologists have extensive badger survey and mitigation experience. A portfolio which includes bait marking, sett closure and disturbance, preparation of method statements and design and construction of artificial badger setts. Our Ecologists routinely hold project specific NE licenses to disturb badgers.
Plan for Ecology Ltd also offer:
- Species Surveys (bats, dormouse, badger, reptiles, otter, birds & more)
- Phase 1 Habitat Survey
- Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) & Preliminary Ecological Appraisal (PEA)
- Ecological Risk Assessment & Ecological Scoping Surveys
- Ecological Clerk of Works
- European Protected Species (EPS) licensing
- Bat Low Impact Class Licenses (BLICL)
- Invasive Plant Surveys
- BREEAM & CEEQUAL Environmental Assessments
- Habitat Regulation Assessments
- Appropriate Assessments
- National Vegetation Classification (NVC)
- Hedgerow Assessment
- GIS Mapping